Sunday, July 05, 2009

Cinderland

Hey, I got sunburns on my arms. Fuck you.

I started a book! Hopefully I can finish it.

I also started playing Ogre Battle recently. I quite like it still, and its good to play a strategy-RPG that doesn't follow the FF Tactics mold, while still maintaining the customization aspect that makes me go OCD. It's a different kind of strategy involved, too - almost reminds of a board/card game-style game.
I am running into some problems, though. One, and this is an issue I didn't really have any time I played this before, but I am finding that managing some of those little factors can be very stressful. Stuff like Alignment and Reputation can be screwed up quickly and shut you out of various game options (especially classes, AND ESPECIALLY female unit classes, of which you have little choice in). On one hand, it's a neat balancing idea - it discourages players from making one unit too strong and just plowing through the game, although you can still do that. But one thing can lead to another, and now many of my units that would need high alignment to upgrade are not there yet, and my reputation is rock-bottom and I have no idea how to get it back up. Oh well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home