Wednesday, March 04, 2009

A Noid

I used to like the whole cryptozoology thing. I don't believe that any of that stuff really exists now, but it's still kind of fun to read sightings and descriptions of slightly-less-than fantasy animals.

But when I look up a cryptid (say...Manipogo, a local monster), and I find creation science sites about it...that just sucks all the fun out of it. I don't want my interests to overlap with some of the dumbest dumb-dumbs in modern society, just because they think finding a dinosaur roaming in a lake in Manitoba confirms their young Earth calculations (and The Flinstones) are literally true. Not that this field is free of kooks of non-religious orientation, but I'd rather hang out with the UFO freaks than crazy Christians is what I'm saying.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home