Thursday, May 31, 2007

Visuals: Horrorclix Freakshow!

Well, haven't done one of these in a while. Blame that on the fact that the new VS set, World's Finest, won't be out until the end of June. So, you'll have to wait until then to see me heap praise on cards of Batmite, Batzarro, The Question, (*Crosses Fingers*)Hitman, and (*Knocks on wood*)Ambush Bug. Good thing I found an alternative.

I posted something short about Horrorclix a while ago, I'm pretty sure, but I can't find that post. Anyways, Horrorclix is like Heroclix, only...horror. Seriously, though, the game does have some nice variations on the formula. Now, I'm not much of a horror movie fan, but I do love monsters, so I can find something to like in this game.

Horrorclix also has some truly awesome looking figures. However, the newest, newest set, Freakshow, has the sculptors going all-out like never before. Seriously, some of these are some of the best-looking miniatures I've seen yet. All the better, as this weekend is the big gaming convention, and I'm signed up to play this game. So not only do I get my first taste of the game, but it's at the same time as this set is the hot new thing.

Pictures here are courtesy of It's Wicked Fun.

Hungry Bertha:

I'd nominate this the most distrubing figure in the set, but I'm far too disturbed to do so.

Kuranes:

Every Horrorclix set has some Lovecraft love in it(partly because Lovecraft is a major horror figure, and also because it's all public domain!), whether it's directly you-know-who-related or not. Kuranes is from a completely different story tangent than most of H.P.'s other stories, but that doesn't mean he's something to overlook. I mean, who wouldn't want to beat up vampires and werewolves with a magical hobo? That's on the top of my 'Life Goals' list, as sad as that is.

Zombie Ventriloquist:

Great idea, let's make ventriloquist dummies EVEN CREEPIER.

Monster Patrol:

Hey, I always thought the 'spunk kids fighting back!' idea was a neat thing they could do, but I never honestly thought they'd do it this early. So, feel free to slingshot the rest of these schmoes asses ala Bart Simpson.

Carny:

Does he have a lollipop, or is he spinning a plate? Who thinks carnies are actually scary, and not just greasy? Actually, grease can be pretty scary.

Zombie Vendor:

No matter his lust for brains, the Zombie Vendor is always willing to distribute alchohol to the masses, most likely to help them forget that they looked at Hungry Bertha.

Officer Friendly:

I don't think he's Irish enough to get that title.

Bat Boy

Man-Bat Goes to School!

1 + 1 = Skreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Flying Monkeys

No matter the game, monkeys are required.

Firefighter

I don't know about you, but the idea of hacking through hordes of monsters with a firefighter is very cool. Plus, the MOUSTACHE!

Rabid Bear

REAL rabid bears don't need metal claws to slice things up. This one is a rabid bear equivalent of a juicer, he's the Barry Bonds of the rabid bear community. Beary Bonds? No, I've gone too far.

She-Wolf:

Good thing they gave her a bra. I'm not entirely willing to use other methods to determine gender.

Tracker:

Continuing the trend of awesome moustaches in this set...

Funhouse:

Oh sure, Funhouse can scare an old lady. But how about Mr. T? Enough of the jibbajabba, Funhouse. Put up, or shut up. What the hell am I talking about?

Heart Eater:

What are the chances of a heart-eating demon lurking in the tunnel of love? It just doesn't make sense, I tells ya'.

Seriously though, that's one of the best sculpts in the game. Pure awesomeness from top to bottom.

Johnny Dead:

Speaking of awesome, whoever decided to put in a Confederate zombie deserves a 'Winner of Life' sticker.

Bogeyman

Slightly more cartoony than the rest of the set, but it makes sense. However, at first, I thought the Bogeyman was wearing an eyepatch. Why would it be wearing an eyepatch? Because eyepatches make you extra cool, which is a law of the universe. I'm pretty sure Einstein came up with that theory, so don't question it.

Templar:

More like Dan Belsing.

But hey, if they can call the generic, department store knock-off of Frosted Flakes Frosted Flakes....

Wacko Jacko Lantern:

And finally, the chase figure. That's pretty damn awesome, and the powers he has in the game include "Thriller", "Moonwalk", and "Eat it!". Kudos.

TAKE THAT CELEBRITIES OF AMERICA.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:46 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home