Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Easter Candy!

I love Easter candy. But you already knew that. So let's get to business:

Aside from classics like Cream Eggs, Mini-Eggs, and Bunnies, I'd like to add another to the 'essential' category: Reese's chocolate eggs. A somewhat flat egg-shaped chocolate/peanut butter collision that tastes as good as any peanut butter cup. I could eat these things all year round.

Last year I got to experience the weirdest of all Easter candy creations, the Smarties Peanut Butter Egg, which combined Chocolate, peanut butter, and Smarties in ways I never thought imaginable. Well, this year, I can't seem to find that monstrosity again, but I did find it's slightly less interesting kin: The Smarties Chocolate Egg. It looks pretty much the same as the peanut butter one, but without the peanut butter and with the regular blue Smarties packaging colour. I haven't tried one yet, but I may before Sunday.

I would generally avoid Eggies, the poor man's Mini-Eggs. Especially since there are not one, but three brands of Mini-Eggs this year: the 'classic' variety, the Pop Rock-filled ones (which I believe I mentioned earlier), and the all-new dark chocolate variety. There's something for everyone (except people who don't like mini-eggs, who will henceforth be called Heretics).

More to come, hopefully. There is a whole aisle filled with this stuff to be explored.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home