Sunday, March 18, 2007

Soundtracktastique!

Now for the second of five comic strips that suck!

Beetle Bailey
Who knows or cares what war these guys are training for? If Beetle isn't being lazy, Sarge is beating Beetle within an inch of his beanpole life, or Beetle is having nightmare hallucinations of Sarge beating him. The rest of the characters are of absolutely no consequence (unless you decide to look deeper into things.) And the dog is just plain stupid.

I found this blog meme where I randomize my music player and see how the songs match up with specific scenes of a movie, forming a soundtrack. Let's give it a go:

Opening Credits
"Crazy Little Thing Called Love" by Queen - This appears to be a very cheery movie. Good start...

Waking Up
"Luna" by The Smashing Pumpkins - I wouldn't wake up to this. Unless it was playing at the same time someone is beating me with a cudgel.

First Day at School
"Creep" by Radiohead - My first day of school would have been a helluvalot more interesting if this song actually represented it.

Falling in Love
"One Great City!" by The Weakerthans - I guess if we both hate Winnipeg...

Fight Song
"Minus" by Beck - Hey, this one works really well! I never expected this to happen.

Breaking Up
"Let it Be" by The Beatles - It would comfort me.

Prom
"Getting Better" by The Beatles - If I actually went to prom, this would certainly describe my position in the social ladder. I was never angry and beat my non-existent girlfriend, though.

Life
"Man in Black" by Johnny Cash - I'm not this good or deep.

Mental Breakdown
"Once" by Pearl Jam - Another good choice. Good job, Party Shuffle, that's two!

Driving
"My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mama" by Frank Zappa - I could see myself rocking to this song.

Flashback
"Paradise City" by Guns 'n Roses - Makes my past sound a lot more interesting than it actually was.

Getting Back Together
"Tiny City Made of Ashes" by Modest Mouse - Very shifty.

Wedding
"Feelin' Groovy" by Simon & Garfunkle - I'm happy. You're happy. We all feelin' good!

Birth of a Child
"In Bloom" by Nirvana - GUH!??!>!

Final Battle
"Release" by Pearl Jam - Not exactly as I imagined a final battle to sound like.

Death Scene
"Ramshackle" by Beck - Not bad. Not bad at all.

Funeral Song
"Nightswimming" by REM - Hey look! Another pretty decent choice. The funeral is about remembering, not being depressed.

End Credits
"Avalon" by Sigur Ros - It does work as an ending song. But is it really consistent with the rest of the soundtrack? Meh, doesn't really matter.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home