Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Daily Grind: 1/16/07

You know what? I liked the 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon. I honestly believe it was one of the best Saturday morning cartoons in years (albeit, it's not the competition is fierce.) I'm not saying it's some sort of animation benchmark, but it did things I never expected from it's type.

I like the fact that it had ongoing plots. I liked the fact that it had some semblance of character development. I also like how it did some direct adaptations of Eastman & Laird's original comic (toned down, of course. It is a kids show.)

I agree that since this is a kids show with ambition, when it falls, it falls harder than the 80s version, which was really content with being an 80s SA.M. show (bad animation and dialogue aplenty, although I still have affection for it.) And I found the first season to be kinda boring. Once they started introducing more Sci-Fi elements, and even later when they brought in the government agency subplot, the show really started to pick up, though. The Battle Nexus stuff was super duper awesome.

So there. The new TMNT is good. If you're watching Yu-Gi-Oh! rather than it, I want to punch you. GRRRRR CARTOONS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS!

In other news...

I got Wario Ware: Smooth Moves today. Fun so far, and it really does make you look like you're fighting invisible demons crawling all over your skin. Yes, even more than most Wii games. I can't wait to play it in a group.

I've spent the last couple of days typing out synopses for some of my comic book ideas I'd love to pursue some day. It's enjoyable for me, as I pool together all those ideas that I've been developing for years now. Now, to get an artist that can draw things that don't suck...

Edit: I also don't like the 'preview' still of yesterday's video.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home