Saturday, April 22, 2006

Funky Junk

Because I'm feeling lazy, here's a dumbass musing I made a while back:



Sometimes, when my mind is not occupied by anything of any importance to me or others (especially at night, before I go to sleep), it wanders around and makes some very strange concepts and asks some quite odd questions. It relates specific words to a ‘matching’ food, and seasons to music artists. I notice that the dinosaurs existed for a very, very long time, and that humans have hardly even come close to matching their existence record. I ask rudimentary, answerable questions like ‘Why do we hiccup?’, and much deeper ones like ‘How can the universe exist? All theories state that something just created it suddenly from nothing. If God created the universe, how did God come to exist? How long did he/she/it wait in the void before deciding to create something? And if the universe was created by a Big Bang, where did the bang come from?’ and even ‘Can plants feel? Do they have any sort of consciousness?’ Answers to these questions aren’t really important. In fact, I’d probably enjoy life more if they are never answered.
I speculate what it would be like to live in the woods, what it would be my dog for a day, or to fly. I try to figure out where would be a better place to live: a flying city, a city in the middle of the ocean, or an underground city. I cringe at every thing I perceive I did wrong in my interactions with others up until that point. I think about what I want to do with my life, figure it out, and then dismiss my idea as delusions of grandeur, sending me back to square one. I put myself in a scenario where I have to spend $1,000,000 in one day, and then decide upon my strategies for succeeding in such an event. I wonder if there is a universe out there that was spawned from my thoughts, or the thoughts of others. I theorize about what ghosts really are. All this and more in a night of aimless thinking.

As I am writing this, I think to myself ‘In all the time I wasted thinking up such useless junk, could I have brainstormed something useful? Like a cure for cancer? Or the solution to world hunger? Maybe an efficient, renewable fuel source? Or maybe even something really beneficial to myself? What could I have done during all those hours?’ The world may never know.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home